Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Amazing practice.

As I mentioned before I have re-joined my Tri team for at least the one or two times a week for run practice. Last night was a true test of my determination. It was hot and we were doing 10 by 400's at a pretty fast pace. Without a time trial to predict my zones, I just ran with someone I assumed I was well matched with. I had no idea I could run that fast. Granted, they were just 400's but our last two 400's I came in around 1:56 which is less than an 8 minute pace. If you would have told me a month ago I would be running like that again, I would have laughed. I vaguely remember those being around the same times I would do years ago when I was training and running a lot faster. This is a good sign. Not to mention that I was so focused on running fast and surviving that other thoughts didn't creep into my mind. When I run, my mind often wanders to my impending surgery. Not last night, I didn't have time to worry or think about it. When I said I was ready to prove that I can run faster again, I meant it. I busted my butt last night and I loved every second of it.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you and your bursting speed! Sounds like running is far more than just physical – it’s like a sweaty, muscle moving vacation for the body and mind. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...I just wanted to tell you that I'm at the very end of my surgeries and please don't fret too much about yours coming up. Yes, it's very worrisome, I worried to death about it. It's not as bad as you're probably scared about. The first couple weeks are rough, but they fly by and then before you know it, you're back to being you again. I'm 9 1/2 weeks out. Thursday I had my last reconstruction surgery and before that I was 100% myself. I was feeling really good at week 4 and better and better after that. Others told me the anticipation leading up to the surgery was worse than the surgery itself and they were RIGHT! So, I know it's scary to think about what you're about to do, but I'm hoping to offer you some relief, it's not that bad!! And I LOVE my new boobs!
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine-thanks for your continued support!
    Marge-I appreciate you taking the time to offer me some relief. I agree that the anticipation of any event is often worse than the actual event itself. I am sure that will be true for me. Mostly, I don't think about much but it comes and goes at times. I am glad you are happy with your results. I hope I can say the same in a few months! :o)

    ReplyDelete