Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

I got out of the house!


 
The kids are in Cville for the weekend with their grandparents and so after laying in bed all day (literally) I got out of my pj's and dressed in normal clothes, fixed my hair, put make up on and we headed out of the house to dinner. Dinner was delicious at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. I made it through dinner without a lot of pain. Just a little discomfort in my back from sitting up straight for so long without a back (I was sitting in a booth seat and was leaned forward). We saved a little room for dessert and decided to head across the street to cheesecake factory to pick out the perfect slice of cheesecake. Dan literally stood by me like he was my body guard ready to jump in front of, or knock over anyone that got close to bumping into me! Once we got home we stopped by our neighbors Christmas party and had a great time catching up with the neighbhors. After a while there I was pretty spent and I was longing for my bed again. So we said our goodbyes and I quickly jumped back into my comfy PJ's and climbed into bed (which by the way is getting easier and easier). Dan and I watched Christmas Vacation and shared our slice of cheesecake in bed. It was a great night.

 Day 17 and I looked normal to everyone that didn't know what I've been through. I guess that is a little bit of a success. I didn't feel normal, but hey, looking the part is half the battle, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment