Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wow.

As you all saw I posted publically about my situation as a BRCA 2 carrier and also my plans to take preventative measures. It made me nervous being so personal and sharing things with a mass amount of people. Of course I've shared it on here for almost a year but many of my readers are random people that I do not know. I knew that many of my friends who already knew were supportive but I had no idea that so many people would be so sweet and supportive. I received a lot of comments, publically, on my post but I also received a lot of private comments. Comments from people saying that I was an "inspiration" which I absolutely do not agree with, but it was nice to hear! I received messaged from people who I hadn't even talked to in years since college, high school friends, family members that did not know, parents of my friends. I loved reading every single message because it just re-affirmed how strongly I feel about my decision. I've read horror stories about women saying that people questioned their choices to do the PBM but I know that would never happen to me. 100% of the people that I have told have been nothing but wonderful and the vast majority said, "I would do the exact same thing". Several said I was being so brave and all but I just feel like I don't have a choice. This is my life. I want to protect it and cherish my time....so I'll do whatever I can be to be healthy and cancer free. Being an inspriation to others is of no concern to me. I know I need to be strong and I know I need to do this. So, I will forge on.

Weight update: I've lost 9lbs and I am starting to look different in a good way! Old clothes are fitting and I am loving it!

Running update: This weekends 10 mile run was an epic fail. One time bc my GPS died 1 minute into my run and my shins were on fire. So, I decided to go on Sunday. Nope that didn't work either because after 3 miles in the pouring rain, being drenched to the bone, and freezing, I gave up and came home. I will run my 10 miles this week which is what the plan says so I am not off track, but I did feel the need to adjust. I am the kind of person who sticks to a plan and so it was tough today to get back in my car (to a dry shirt!) but I need to be flexible and learn that not everything always goes according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment