Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A great 7!

This week's training plan run was only 7 miles. I cannot believe I've gotten to the point in my running life where 7 is proceeded by *only*. If you look back through this blog you'll see that it was only a few months ago that  I was struggling to run 3 miles. I had a horrible race when I did the 5K  Race for the Cure in NC for my mom. Fast forward through a hot summer, a lot of hard work, a lot of ICE for my aching body and here I am. Running 7 miles at a 9:50 pace. Oh yeah! Lindsey and I could tell our pace was faster but I wasn't focusing on it as much as just enjoying the run. When we heard that last beep of my watch indicating 7 miles I saw our average pace and I was so excited to share it with her! Both of us did not love our solo 10 mile run. So a great quick 7 mile run like today was just what we both needed! It just gets us ready for the big 12 this weekend. After that, it is back down to 6 and then RACE DAY! Yikes!

Here are my splits:
Mile 1: 9:53
Mile 2: 9:52
Mile 3: 9:42
Mile 4 9:58
Mile 5: 9:46
Mile 6: 10:04
Mile 7: 9:37

Overall pace: 9:50

I guess those super fast 1000's I was running at practice on Thursday night paid off!

2 comments: