Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training Update. 9 miles=check!

As I navigate my way through the rest of my training each week will be a first for me. First time to run 9 miles, first time to run 10, and so on. I am so happy about my training right now. I no longer have any doubts about my ability to run 13.1 miles. This week’s 9 mile run was amazing. It shows what a different 10-15 degrees can make for my running pace. A little cooler weather along with less painful shins and I was set. Here are my splits.

Overall pace: 10:05
1: 10:22
2: 10:12
3: 10:19
4: 10:07
5: 10:19
6: 9:53
7: 9:59
8:10:09
9: 9:32

As you can see my friend and I picked up our pace towards the end of our run. This gives me hope that I can pick up the pace a little more. I am being conservative on my long runs and I won’t need to be that conservative on race day. I literally enjoyed every minute of that 9 mile run and that in itself made my day! Next stop: 10 miles!  

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Erin! I'm so blessed to have such a strong running buddy and more importantly a strong friend! Your focus and determination is evident each week:)

    ReplyDelete